Front End Developer
Introduction to AUX and the Front End Developer opening
Our studio is looking for a developer with a solid track record and stable work history.
We're looking for someone with the confidence and expertise to assist in developing and managing our web and mobile applications. You'll be working with a confident team who each have over 10 years experience in their respective areas.
We are designing and building software or web apps for companies pursuing innovation projects in healthcare, fintech, or digital products (for various start-ups). We are a design and technology business that has established a culture of openness and support for the internal team. We are encouraged to share, learn and always improve our processes and delivery on every project that we work on.
We value time off and encourage flexible working hours. We have a semi-remote team based in Cape Town with offices in Woodstock at Old Castle Brewery.
We have been working like this pre-pandemic with high levels of trust, accountability and transparency built in to our operations. We understand that people need personal flexibility and freedom while keeping an eye on project delivery and quality.
Preferred technical expertise
- Attention to detail: i.e. Coded version should look identical to the design mockups
- Expert level knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- CSS Preprocessors - Ideally SASS
- ReactJS / VueJS / Angular
- React-Native / Flutter
Bonus points for experience with
- Firebase (or other noSQL)
- Unit testing (we use Jest)
- E2E testing (Cypress, Detox)
- Code formatting and linting tools (ESLint, prettier)
- Asana & Gitlab
- Experience with design tools - Sketch and Abstract
Our chosen tools of the trade
- VS Code
Summary of day-to-day duties
- Planning projects with the entire team
- Code reviews with colleagues
- Creation and maintenance of apps (web and mobile)
- Setup and creation of back-end (analytics, authentication, database, storage, notifications)
- Integration of back-end and front-end
- Writing unit and E2E tests
- App distribution
Personal traits and strengths that we're looking for
- Great communication skills and able to voice your opinion
- Open-minded, flexible and a problem solver
- Proactive and willingness to learn and improve
- Self-directed and takes responsibility for own work
Interested in joining our team?
If you’re keen on finding out more about our studio and the projects we prioritise, please send your introduction here. Please introduce yourself, add recent project links and your CV. Thanks, and talk soon.
±--( .' ' )--[