Senior Full Stack Engineer
Experienced in React, React-Native and Node.js
Our studio is looking for an experienced engineer with a solid track record and stable work history.
We're looking for someone with the confidence and expertise to design and manage our web and mobile applications. You’ll be leading our rapid prototyping and app dev projects and ensuring that the systems are well designed and maintained. You'll be working with a team of confident front-end developers and designers, junior and senior React and React Native Engineers, and the technical director.
We are designing and building software for companies in the medical, financial education, and the insurance industry. We also built a great water saving app during the Cape Town water crisis and rugby club app that takes payments from club members. We are a design-lead studio and we pursue our own internal projects from time to time to keep experimenting and applying our knowledge and expertise to personal projects where we see opportunities.
We value time off and encourage flexible working hours. The team is geared towards working remotely. We have team lunches on Wednesdays and work in a low-key relaxed studio environment. You'll find out more when we meet and have a chat.
Minimum required technical expertise
- 4 years of experience
Bonus points for experience with
- Unit testing (we use Jest)
- E2E testing (Cypress, Detox)
- Code formatting and linting tools (ESLint, prettier)
Our preferred tools of the trade
- VS Code
Summary of day-to-day duties
- Planning projects with the entire team
- Code reviews with colleagues
- Creation and maintenance of apps (web and mobile)
- Setup and creation of back-end (analytics, authentication, database, storage, notifications)
- Integration of back-end and front-end
- Writing unit and E2E tests
- App distribution
Personal traits and strengths that we're looking for
- Great communication skills to lead development projects
- Open-minded, flexible and a problem solver
- Proactive and willingness to learn and improve
- Self-directed and takes responsibility for own work
Interested in joining our team?
If you’re keen on finding out more about our studio and the projects we prioritize please email an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an introduction about yourself, project links, salary expectation, GitHub links, and your CV. Exciting times!
±--( .' ' )--[